We always strive to reduce our impact on the environment and to conduct business in as sustainable a way as possible.
- We re-use all album and single mailers and stiffeners we receive personally as well as creating new stiffeners from cardboard we receive via our business or from personal acquisition e.g. flat pack packaging.
- Bubble wrap from bulk orders and personal items is always re-used and re-purposed wherever possible, typically for CDs and tapes. Small pieces that cannot be used to wrap anything totally, will be used as packing for larger items.
- Any cardboard that cannot be re-used in our packaging or on the outside as corner protectors is either composted at Paul's allotment or is put out for recycling as a last resort.
- Envelopes from our personal mail are cut up and repurposed into address labels wherever possible.
- Unless the artists demand it, we don't produce CDs with cello wrap. We try to push the environmental impact of using cello wrap wherever possible. The same applies to shrink wrapping. We'd rather provide a poly sleeve with our releases if a covering is demanded, as at least that is reusable.
- All of our CD releases from CC016 onwards will also be offered as "Eco CD" where we supply the CD without a jewel case so you can use your own. These versions are also £1 cheaper for you too!
- We're looking at digital-only releases in some cases, as there's nothing worse than ordering a huge load of CDs or vinyl that simply doesn't shift for various reasons (usually economic conditions forcing buyers to re-prioritise their disposable income). They are cheaper (typically by 50%) and can be used to burn your own CDs if needed. Any digital-only releases will always include CD artwork for you to use.
This is not an exhaustive list by any means and we will continue to update the page as we see breakthroughs in our commitment to the environment.